PLEASE NOTE: This item is currrently out of stock in the US, so will be posted from Australia. Shipping takes 2-3 weeks.
This item includes:
- 1 x 1 gallon drinker (approx 20 inches tall) with a single horizontal (side mounted) drinker nipple and rear hooks
- 1 x Feeder with rain cover and rear hooks (holds approx 6.5lbs of feed and is 20 inches tall)
- 2 x ergonomically designed lids
- 4 x aluminum brackets and screws (for those wanting to fix to a solid wall)
Our drinkers overcome the problems of evaporation, spillage and soiled water. These drinkers incorporate a revolutionary horizontal nipple which is spring loaded and is activated when the chickens’ pecking wobbles the spring. This then releases drops of water into the chicken’s beak or into the small molded drip guard beneath the nipple. Unlike traditional vertical nipples, these side mounted nipples do not drip as no water is stored in the nipple itself.
No Freeze Nipples - As no water is stored in the nipple even when your drinker is full of water, they won't freeze during the winter. This means that those in a very cold climates can use a submersible water heater in their drinker set up and know that the chickens will still be able to gain access to their water source, unlike vertical nipples.
Minimal Training - To get chickens to start using these drinkers, tap on the stainless steel part of the nipple to allow a small amount of water to fill the drip guard so the chickens can see and smell the water. For those chickens whom have a difficult time locating the water, just put a bit of chicken feed onto the nipple so they are attracted to it and start to peck around. When the water comes out, they soon get the idea! It's important to take out other drinkers so they are not tempted to go back to their old setup.
Age of Chickens - As the drinker nipples require some effort to push on the spring loaded nipple, the drinkers should only be used for chickens 10 days old and older.
Our feeders overcome the common problem of feed wastage. We used to have so much grain wasted by chickens who would scratch all their feed onto the ground in search of the tastiest piece of grain! This is a very common thing for chickens to do. The uniquely designed tray that forms part of this feeder, has special divisions which discourages the chickens from 'swiping' the grain from the feed tray and onto the ground. Many dollars are saved using this type of feeder. The feeders hold approximately 6.5lbs of feed and are 20 inches tall.
Rain Cover: This drinker and feeder set comes complete with a rain cover for your feeder, to keep your feed dry in wet weather. So if you plan to mount or hang your feeder outside of your coop this is just what you need.
These drinkers and feeders are also:
- UV resistant - won't heat up like metal containers or degrade easily like other plastic ones on the market
- Rear hooks - these drinkers and feeders simply hook onto the mesh of your coop, making cleaning and filling much easier than hanging drinkers.
- Slimline, compact design - a big advantage is that these drinkers and feeders take up VERY little room in your coop. If you have a smaller coop, maximizing space is a key concern
Mounting to a Solid Wall:
The Royal Rooster drinkers and feeders are designed to simply hook onto the mesh of your coop, but can also be hung on a solid wall with the use of some metal brackets. If you plan to position your drinker and feeder inside your coop, 4 aluminum brackets are included FREE of charge which you can mount to your coop wall. The drinker and feeder can then simply hook over making removal for cleaning or refilling so easy.
This is what some of our customers have had to say:
- ...."Great purchase and fast shipping. Everyone loves the new waterers and feeders." Pascal, NV, USA
- ...."EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY! CHICKENS LOVE THEM!" - Debbie, NC, USA
- ...."Good feeder. Keeps my hens from spilling feed. Well made. +++++" Neal, VA, USA
- ...."The delivery was super quick and the chickens love them.." Michelle, South Australia, Australia
- ...."Why did I wait so long? Outstanding concept. Chickens love it. So easy to use" - Ally, New South Wales, Australia
- ...."Great product thank you!! My chickens will love these!!!!!" - Sheridan, New South Wales, Australia
- ...."So good. Such a time saver and product saver. Thank you" - Susan, New South Wales, Australia
- ...."Chooks were pecking nozzles as waterer being wired into place! great :)" - Robyn, South Australia, Australia
- ...."Chooks learnt to use it in 1/2 hour. Great item. Fast postage." - Michele, New South Wales, Australia
- ...."Great purchase and fast shipping. Everyone loves the new waterers and feeders." - Michael, South Australia, Australia
These drinkers are generally dispatched 1-2 days after an order is received. We use either FedEx, UPS or USPS, whichever is the most economical to your area.
Some finer grain mixes are unsuitable to use in these feeders in damp weather, as moisture is absorbed into the feed which affects the flow of the grain into the tray.
- Additional Information
Mini Description 1 gallon side-mounted nipple drinker. Feeder with rain cover. Help & Advice No Manufacturer No
Enter your destination to get a shipping estimate.