This set includes:
- 1 x 1 gallon drinker (approx 20 inches tall) with two valve-operated cups and rear hooks
- 1 x Feeder with rain cover and rear hooks (holds approx 6.5lbs of feed and is 20 inches tall)
- 2 x ergonomically designed lids
- 4 x aluminum brackets and screws (for those wanting to fix to a solid wall)
Our drinkers overcome the problems of evaporation, spillage and soiled water. These drinkers incorporate two professional valve operated drinker cups (used by poultry experts) that only allow a small amount of water in the red cup at any one time. When the chickens drink from the red cup and the water level goes down, the valve automatically replenishes the cup. With traditional drinkers, we regularly had to change the water as the chickens had scratched dirt into the drinker. Like us, chickens need a fresh supply of clean water. The drinkers holds approximately 1 gallon of water and are approx 20 inches tall.
Our feeders overcome the common problem of feed wastage. We used to have so much grain wasted by chickens who would scratch all their feed onto the ground in search of the tastiest piece of grain! This is a very common thing for chickens to do. The uniquely designed tray that forms part of this feeder, has special divisions which discourages the chickens from 'swiping' the grain from the feed tray and onto the ground. Many dollars are saved using this type of feeder. The feeders hold approximately 6.5lbs of feed and are 20 inches tall.
These drinkers and feeders are also:
- UV resistant - won't heat up like metal containers or degrade easily like other plastic ones on the market
- Rear hooks - these drinkers and feeders simply hook onto the mesh of your coop, making cleaning and filling much easier than hanging drinkers.
- Slimline, compact design - a big advantage is that these drinkers and feeders take up VERY little room in your coop. If you have a smaller coop, maximizing space is a key concern
This drinker and feeder set comes complete with a rain cover for your feeder, to keep your feed dry in wet weather. So if you plan to mount or hang your feeder outside of your coop this is just what you need.
Mounting to a Solid Wall:
The Royal Rooster drinkers and feeders are designed to simply hook onto the mesh of your coop, but can also be hung on a solid wall with the use of some metal brackets. If you plan to position your drinker and feeder inside your coop, 4 aluminum brackets are included FREE of charge which you can mount to your coop wall. The drinker and feeder can then simply hook over making removal for cleaning or refilling so easy.
This is what some of our customers have had to say:
- Good product. Little waste of laying pellets now & water lasts longer. Good one!
- Great Product, Chickens love it +++++
- My hens love the new feeder & waterer set!!!!!!
- Well made product. FAST shipping. Highly Recommended.
- Awesome product. Thanks for the quick service.
- Exceptionally happy, Our little chicken Myrtle loves it! Great!
- Wish I had them years ago. Great seller, very helpful
- They are a great idea. Chickens will be very happy.
- Thank you so much for the speedy delivery of my new feeder and waterer set. They are fantastic, my 3 week old babies love them! Previously I was changing their bedding several times a week and had to keep checking their water many times a day, because they were tipping it over constantly. They were also climbing on top of their old food and water containers and soiling everything. These problems are now in the past! Everything is staying clean and tidy - we couldn't be happier.
- Very clever product. Fast delivery. Thank you!
These drinkers are generally dispatched 1-2 days after an order is received. We use either FedEx, UPS or USPS, whichever is the most economical to your area.
Some finer grain mixes are unsuitable to use in these feeders in damp weather, as moisture is absorbed into the feed which affects the flow of the grain into the tray.
- Additional Information
Mini Description Our most popular set with twin cups! Ultimate feeder and waterer set up. Help & Advice No Manufacturer No
- Works Well Review by Phh
- I have a smaller coop, only four chicken and worried a bit if this will work. It works better than expected. I have hardware cloth for fencing and I had to cut out bigger holes to fit the hangers. Finally my food and water stays clean and I can add enough food/ water for days. I used to cover my runway when it rains to keep the food dry, not anymore. The food stays mostly dry, only when it rains hard it may gets a bit moist. My chicken also have more room in the runway. It's maybe a bit pricey, but for me it is well worth. (Posted on 1/08/2017)
- Love it! Review by Toby White
- Love it! Now we do not have to worry about our girls running out of water and food each day (Posted on 1/08/2017)
- No Ruffled Feathers Review by Skalabs
- I, like a couple other reviewers, wanted to get this combo but wrestled with the price; after about 6 months, I decided to get it. So far, so good. The waterer is great, and the feeder has definitely cut down on wasted food. I used 1/4" hardware cloth in my run, so I was not able to hang this on the wire. Concerns? The mounting brackets have a loose fit (plastic shim fixed this) and I wish both were a bit bigger (not a huge deal, lasts about 3-4 days). (Posted on 1/08/2017)
- Brillant Design Review by Michelle
- I absolutely LOVE these! I have 31 chickens and hated the waste created from their traditional feeder. I debated purchasing this set for 3 months. I am so happy with these! They are easy to fill, easy to clean, and there is far less wasted food. The feeder keeps my goats out as well. While this set is priced much higher than the traditional poultry feeder and waterer, the benefits of cleaner water, food and coop justify the price. (Posted on 1/08/2017)
- Happy Hens Review by Aloha Erin
- Super easy to set up and clean. These were perfect for our smaller coop but they still hold about a weeks work of food and water for our 3 hens. They are pricey, which I was hesitant about but am really glad we made the investment....well worth it! (Posted on 1/08/2017)
- Worth Every Penny, pays for itself with no wasted food-We LOVE these & so do our hens! Review by UrbanUtah
- If you have backyard chickens then you MUST get this set. I recently adopted 4 hens from a client in March 2016. I was as "green" as they get and new nothing of raising backyard chickens to provide eggs for our family. Needless to say, it's been a rather steep learning curve. I originally had the traditional metal feeder, open top, food spilling all over the place around the bottom. Anyone who has watched chickens eat knows they literally throw food around with their beaks with enough force to launch pellets, crumble, grain, or whatever, 2' from their feeder. I was skeptical and the cost was a bit to wrangle with, but I took the plunge and ordered these and I can't begin to tell you how glad I am that I bought these. I do wish they had screw on tops with handles though. I can personally attest to the effectiveness of the feeder, there is literally nothing on the ground below it. The hood protects the food from the weather and we have since bought 3 more of these feeders and installed them around our urban backyard as our hens free-range every day and neglect to eat the well-balanced organic pellet food we buy for them if it's not right in front of them. Since we don't have a farm or ranch they don't get enough nutrients and protein from free-ranging as they tend to eat a lot of grass, so making high quality pellets available to them around the backyard was essential to their health and egg production. These are super easy to install, easy to clean and refill. Worth every penny! I will never use a traditional feeder again. (Posted on 1/08/2017)
Enter your destination to get a shipping estimate.